A 63-year-old man has been charged in relation to organising and attending the Destiny Church-led mass anti-lockdown protest in Auckland on Saturday, with two independent sources confirming to the Herald that the man is Brian Tamaki. Tamaki spoke at Saturday’s rally and is the leader of the Destiny Church. The gathering of around 1000 people on Saturday was in breach of alert level 3 restrictions. More than 128,000 people signed a petition calling for Tamaki to face charges.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions