An Auckland family struggling to give their beloved pet the lifestyle he needed, found an unusual yet happy outcome, Auckland Council reveals. “It just happened we were looking for one last dog to join our team,” says Brian Shields, Biosecurity Advisor Pest Detection Dogs. Watson the dog is now settled in with southern Senior Regional Park Ranger Paul Wilson, getting to know Paul’s existing pack. He’ll be trained to work as a stoat detection dog, and the family will follow the aspiring detector dog’s progress with interest.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions