A comedy of errors has raised questions over Auckland Transport (AT)’s commitment to statutory obligations around releasing official information, Stuff reveals. Auckland Transport considered a new entity to run both the rail network and services, but withheld information due to “confidentiality and commercial sensitivity”. Almost two years later, it was revealed that AT had identified and decided to withhold, for 16 months, the wrong information. Further investigation by Stuff uncovered the unfortunate truth: AT’s Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act search process is largely mechanical, and this incident is not the first AT official information fail.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions