The New Zealand International Film Festival (NZIFF) has cancelled the Auckland leg of this year’s festival due to the city’s current COVID-19 restrictions, Newshub reveals. “It is with very heavy hearts that we make this announcement today,” said NZIFF Chair Catherine Fitzgerald. She said the festival team “held out as long as possible but had to make [the Auckland] decision to be fiscally responsible”. Last year, the festival took place with a hybrid virtual and physical version, but in 2021 announced it was moving back to an entirely in-cinema format.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions