Auckland Council has provided initial feedback to the government on its proposal for three waters reforms, acknowledging that the water sector faces challenges across the country, and that it would benefit from reforms at a national level. However, the council has raised a number of concerns, as well as areas where it believes further discussion is required. It has further indicated that it wants to continue to work with the government to consider alternative arrangements that could better meet both the government’s and council’s objectives.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions