In offering tips for Aucklanders over the Labour weekend, Auckland Council took the opportunity to ask that public facilities be used with respect. Over 500 of Auckland Council’s public toilets are open during Level 3, but there are reports of toilets being blocked across the region. “We’ve had people flushing nappies, sanitary products, wet wipes and even rocks and sticks,” says Taryn Crewe of Community Facilities. “Our team is working hard to make sure these facilities are available and safe to use,” she said, asking that people observe signage and use the public toilets with respect.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday