Auckland businesses want the Government to mandate a “no jab, no job” regime, saying they are being held hostage by a minority of vaccine holdouts, NZ Herald reports. Auckland Business Chamber chief executive Michael Barnett said an overwhelming 90% of small and medium enterprises that responded to the group’s latest survey endorsed mandatory workplace vaccination. “Business needs clarity and Government should help business help themselves by endorsing and enabling mandatory vaccination to provide safe and healthy workplace environments,” Barnett said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions