A 34-year-old Auckland woman has been caught after escaping Auckland’s coronavirus lockdown in the back of a truck, Stuff reports. She was arrested on Tuesday in Levin and sent back to Auckland, where she arrived later that night. The woman was charged with failing to comply with a Covid-19 order and is due to appear in the Auckland District Court in October. As of Tuesday, 344,901 vehicles had been stopped on Auckland’s northern and southern boundaries, with 5769 vehicles turned around.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions