If you’re a follower of Bun Leng’s Instagram account [@sataynoodlehouse], you might not realise he’s also the owner of a takeaway shop facing the economic reality of lockdown, RNZ reveals. The owner of Papakura’s Satay Noodle House keeps his feed filled with posts about gratitude, inspirational thoughts, pranks on his partner and reflections on the tribulations of being a NZ Warriors supporter. Leng says being the son of Cambodian refugees provides the perspective he needs to remain optimistic. “Gratitude and perspective are foundational pillars for me,” he says.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions