Two teenagers aged 13 and 14 who escaped from a youth justice facility, have been on the run for a week during level 4 lockdown – a situation described as “utterly outrageous”, NZ Herald reports. Manurewa-Papakura Ward councillor Daniel Newman said he did not know how they escaped the Whakatakapokai Youth Justice facility in Weymouth. “The fact that these young people are at large in South Auckland in Level 4 is absolutely unforgivable because we are living under the most stringent public health order,” he said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions