An Auckland woman and her daughter were “gobsmacked” when they arrived for a booked vaccination at the Mt Wellington Covid-19 Centre, only to find it had closed, NZ Herald reports. “[They were] turning away car after car and people on foot, everyone’s holding their phone out to show they had appointments…” the woman said. A Northern Region Health Co-ordination Centre (NRHCC) spokesperson has since apologised to anyone who had been affected by the mix-up, stating “staffing changes” meant the centre had to close earlier than usual.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid