Confusion around level four guidance has led to some Auckland businesses exploiting loopholes in the takeaway food rules, The Spinoff reveals. As the rest of the country has moved down alert levels, Aucklanders have been forced to watch on social media as friends and family in luckier parts of Aotearoa sip on barista-made flat whites. It’s understandable that many were excited to see local eateries offering frozen or packaged versions of their takeaway menus for delivery last week, but while takeaway loopholes may be tempting, it’s worth remembering that it might set Auckland even further back from joining the line at KFC.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions