New Zealand Union of Students’ Associations (NZUSA) is calling on all of New Zealand’s universities to put a pause on students’ halls of residence rents, Stuff reports, as students across the country have lost jobs or seen their income reduced since lockdown came into force. Universities and student accommodation providers received criticism during the 2020 lockdown, and although better services and financial support are in place this time, the response differs between each institution.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions