Police say they will take a pragmatic approach to more complicated cases, but for those out to blatantly flout the law there’ll be less patience, Newshub reports. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment says it’s now issued over 3300 businesses with exemption documents so staff can travel between alert level 4 and level 3. Police Inspector Kay Lane says the only issue is people “do need a reminder that they need updated letters from MBIE – not documents from previous lockdowns.” One carload tried to get through the Waikato-Auckland border, telling police they were “unaware Auckland was in level 4”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions