One of the world’s least affordable housing markets might finally be slowing, says The Bulletin. There are both short and long-term explanations for why New Zealand could see soaring prices slow from their dramatic hike. Prices fell in both Hamilton and Rotorua over the past month, a possible sign that some moves to cool the market could be working. Governor Adrian Orr also said that he expects prices to eventually fall as construction gets underway and demand is reduced.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions