Eleven ducks and rabbits were found dead on Saturday morning after someone broke into an Auckland animal rescue overnight and slaughtered and dismembered them, Stuff reports. Pixies Animal Rescue founder Charmaine Wolmarans arrived at 8am for her daily check, and found an “array of animals” lying on the ground. SPCA National Inspectorate Manager Alan Wilson said, “We are shocked and appalled by this incident and condemn any senseless act of violence towards defenceless animals.” An investigation is ongoing, and animal food donations can be made to the Pixie Animal Rescue here.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions