New Zealand’s female radio hosts are responding to an Instagram comment that declared “all women who do radio” are “such slobs” by sharing candid photos of themselves at work, Newshub reveals. The #BigSlobEnergy trend began when Auckland’s Mai FM host Tegan Yorwarth shared one of the many bullying comments she receives on social media. Numerous radio presenters have stepped up in solidarity, hitting back at unrealistic and unwanted commentary on women’s appearances. “Saw my top had a stain on it this morning, wore it anyway, STILL did a good job,” said Meg Mansell from the Edge Breakfast show.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions