A person has tested positive for Covid-19 at Waitākere Hospital after presenting with symptoms on Friday, Stuff reports. Following a positive Covid-19 test, the patient was moved to a negative pressure room and has since been discharged to a managed isolation and quarantine facility. “A small number of staff had contact with the patient, all were wearing full PPE and are fully vaccinated. Due to the correct use of PPE and infection and prevention and control protocols, the risk to staff is considered low,” a Waitematā District Health Board spokesperson said. There was no direct contact with other patients.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions