New Lynn mall attack victim Rodney Khan has been lauded a hero and acknowledged for his bravery in confronting the armed terrorist in the suburban supermarket, NZ Herald reports. Khan rushed towards the terrorist and distracted him – in doing so being injured himself but preventing harm to others. “A review of CCTV has shown that without hesitation Rodney ran straight towards danger when he heard members of the public in distress, and he distracted the terrorist who then turned on him,” Detective Superintendent Tim Anderson said. Rodney is at home recovering and is supported by family and friends.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions