A man from outside the area fell into the water at a Waikato fishing spot that has claimed many lives, prompting a rescue mission during level three, Stuff reports. Police also turned away hundreds of cars at Auckland’s five southern checkpoints between August 31 and September 5. Of the more than 19,000 stopped, 715 were turned away for non-essential travel. Police also found people on the supercity’s playground equipment and gathering at skate parks over the weekend.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions