A man was found hiding in the boot of a car at 2.40am on Tuesday at the Mercer checkpoint, in a failed bid to leave Auckland and enter Waikato, Stuff reveals. The driver told police he was transiting through Auckland to the Waikato region, however police said they later discovered that wasn’t true. While at the checkpoint, police found another man was hiding in the boot of the car. Both men, aged 25 and 26, were given infringement notices.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions