RNZ reports that a man taken to hospital after he was placed in a restraint chair in the Manukau Custody Unit on Monday has died. The man, in his 20s, was taken to the custody unit for breaching his electronically monitored bail after being located at an Ōtara address on Monday afternoon. He had displayed erratic behaviour after his arrest and while at the custody unit, including trying to injure himself in his cell, police said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions