A resident of an Auckland motor lodge has been arrested after police spent two days trying to issue him with a Covid-19 breach notice, Stuff reports. A police spokeswoman said officers had been assisting the Ministry of Health in attempting to issue the man a Section 70 order. “Today, our officers, who were in full PPE have again attempted to negotiate,” she said, adding the man had then been taken to the Henderson district custody unit. Police will now need to determine whether officers involved in the arrest would need to be stood down and self-isolate.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions