A 20-year-old man was charged with threatening behaviour, driving while disqualified and failing to comply with the Covid-19 Health Order, after punching a 70-year-old in the face, Stuff reports. The alleged assault happened at a Pukekohe store on Sunday, September 19, after the man was asked to wear a mask. A police spokesman said the alleged offender was “abusive and threatening” towards staff and customers following the request, and allegedly punched another customer in the face. Police were supporting the victims involved following this incident.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions