South Auckland poetry is once again in the limelight, this time with a candid piece capturing some of the frustration of life in the super city’s southern region. Newsroom presents the poem, which includes lines such as “How nice it must be / to pocket applause and special mentions / for contracting Covid-19 in Devonport”; “surely it’s a colour-of-our-skin thing right?”; and “you tiptoe around accountability / for a system that was fraught for us to function within to begin with”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions