The public has responded to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s challenge to come up with a name for the Mr Whippy-style mobile vaccination buses that roll out on Thursday. Stuff has compiled the top 10 names suggested by users of its social media platform Neighbourly, and people can vote for their favourite name on the poll partway down their newspage. Among the names suggested are Covid Cadillac, Chariots of Pfizer, Shot Bro, Vax to the Future, and Mr Pricky. “I haven’t got any bus [name] ideas, but I’ll leave it in the hands of creative New Zealanders,” PM Jacinda Ardern said. However, she ruled out “Busy McBusface” on the spot.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid