Immediate family members of a deceased or dying person are now able to apply for special exemptions from the Ministry of Health to cross the regional boundary to attend funerals or farewell their dying relatives, Newshub reports. Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield announced, “I know that not being able to do these farewells has been one of the toughest and most distressing aspects of alert level 4.” But there are still strict criteria, Dr Bloomfield says, including getting a Covid test and mask regulations.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions