Children across the country outside of Auckland are returning to school after more than three weeks under lockdown, and Auckland school children hope to follow soon. The Science Media Centre asked experts how parents can best support their kids in these unusual times, with tips shared on The Spinoff, including: Keep risk in perspective; Recognise anxiety is normal, and focus on factor’s within control (eg mask wearing); Talk to your children (communication is key); Relax expectations on yourself and your kids; and Remember teachers can be nervous too.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions