Following the tragic death of a Year 13 student at a central Auckland school, a false rumour was spread online that the teenager’s death had been linked to the Pfizer vaccine, NZ Herald reports. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said any information about adverse events would have been shared proactively, and she advised people to be wary of believing information that came from people who were trying to undermine vaccination efforts.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid