An increase in mail and parcel theft across Auckland, despite the region being in Alert Level 4 Lockdown, has seen thieves going through Aucklanders’ letterboxes to steal Eftpos cards and taking parcels from outside their homes, Stuff reports. Many of the incidents are occuring in broad daylight. Meanwhile, a New Zealand Post spokeswoman said there have been 8-10 break-ins at various NZ Post box lobby sites in Auckland during the lockdown. Inspector Lyle Norriss said people should be home when parcels are delivered, or make sure clear instructions are given so parcels can be left in a safe place.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid