Auckland District Health Board will only be allowing patient visits on compassionate grounds, starting from 7am on Tuesday, after a nurses union launched legal action challenging its policy around visitors, RNZ reports. Previously, Auckland Hospital patients were allowed to nominate two visitors, one of whom could visit on any one day. The Auckland DHB is now attempting to tighten up its visitor policy to match Counties Manukau and Waitematā DHBs.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid