An Auckland couple who crossed the alert level 4 border with essential worker exemptions, drove to Hamilton Airport, then flew to their holiday home in Wanaka, police say. RNZ reveals the couple – a 26-year-old woman and 35-year-old man – will be prosecuted for breaching the current Health Order and will be issued with a summons to appear in court. “This calculated and deliberate flouting of the alert level 4 restrictions is completely unacceptable and will be extremely upsetting to all those who are working hard and making great sacrifices in order to stamp out Covid in our community,” a police spokesperson said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions