Auckland Council has updated various facilities and services in response to the shift from Level 4 to Level 3 for Tāmaki Makaurau. As well as notes on waste collection and public toilets re-opening, the Tūpuna Maunga Authority is redoubling its plea to Aucklanders to respect their Maunga, which are among the best-preserved Māori volcanic pā sites in the Auckland region. Mana Whenua welcome all Aucklanders to enjoy the Maunga. However, some people don’t know what’s appropriate on a wāhi tapu (sacred site) or what alert levels allow.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions