There are more than 5000 bus stops across Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland) and many are getting new names, Newshub reveals. On Wednesday, bus stops across Tāmaki Makaurau and the online journey planner will be updated to reflect nearby landmarks such as schools, parks, churches, tourist locations and hospitals, as well as public transport interchanges and major intersections. AT made the changes following customer testing in late 2020 and consultation with members of the community who are blind or have low vision.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions