The Director-General of Health is confident the “vast majority of Aucklanders” will adhere to the alert level 3 rules while admitting there has been some interaction between households leading to cases, Newshub reports. Between 50 and 60 cases are expected in the coming weeks amongst household members. “We know Delta spreads quite liberally inside households,” Dr Bloomfield said. For the most part, Aucklanders’ compliance with the alert level settings has been high. The Government is, however, increasing fines for those breaching the public health order to reflect the risk associated with breaking the rules.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions