Whangārei Mayor Sheryl Mai has hit out at Aucklanders pouring into Northland in the face of strict level 4 Covid-19 lockdowns, RNZ reveals. Mai said anecdotal evidence indicated Aucklanders had again exited northward in droves, placing Northlanders who are staying in their home area at risk. “In the situation facing us, even one Aucklander is one too many,” Mai said, adding those who move between regions are compromising the Covid-19 level four lockdown rules.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions