Obsidian Wine Co’s application for another helipad has sparked opposition from locals, Stuff reports. Auckland’s Waiheke Island is home to 48 helipads – an average of one every two square kilometres. Forty complaints have been lodged over the past two months on the issue, and a petition has amassed 800 signatures calling for more restrictions.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions