Obsidian Wine Co’s application for another helipad has sparked opposition from locals, Stuff reports. Auckland’s Waiheke Island is home to 48 helipads – an average of one every two square kilometres. Forty complaints have been lodged over the past two months on the issue, and a petition has amassed 800 signatures calling for more restrictions.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’