Chao Liang’s central Auckland barbershop is so noisy, thanks to the City Rail Link construction site on his doorstep, that customers have stopped coming, and his business is struggling to survive, Stuff reports. Chao, who goes by the name Riven, is one of the business owners trading from shops in Albert Street and Victoria Street West whose businesses are struggling to survive as noise, dirt, graffiti and pokey pedestrian walkways have driven their customers away. They have come to believe that CRL, the Government, and Auckland Council only respond to their suffering when faced with negative media coverage.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions