Some bar and restaurant staff say they are being asked to come into work during Level 4 Lockdown, Stuff reveals, while others have been told to take annual leave – neither is legal. Meanwhile, others in the industry are concerned the wage subsidy will not be properly implemented, given there are still some cases dragging through the courts from employers who did not follow the rules in 2020. Unions told Stuff they had already been on the phone to numerous employers. “The number one issue we have so far is employers actively trying to force staff into work to do deep cleans. And what’s shameful is that they won’t pay their workers if they won’t come in,” said Raise the Bar Hospitality Union’s Chloe Ann-King.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions