A judge has given a repeat sexual offender who indecently assaulted a woman in a West Auckland supermarket one last chance, Stuff reports. Maaka Junior Tepania narrowly avoided spending the rest of his life in jail, and was instead sentenced to 12 months’ home detention when he appeared at the High Court at Auckland on Thursday. His offending spans 30 years against more than 16 victims, one as young as 11 years old.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions