“Virus shut out” lanyards, banned around Asia due to being completely ineffectual and potentially dangerous, are being sold in Auckland, Stuff reports. Queen St shop Princess Love is selling and openly advertising the single use lanyards for $9.99 each. The lanyards are made using chlorine dioxide which can cause harmful side effects. University of Auckland’s head of pharmacology, Malcolm Tingle described the lanyards as “loony tunes stuff”, that – despite their purported scientific backing – make no sense at all.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions