Maritime New Zealand issued charges against the Ports of Auckland last week, over the death of a port worker almost a year ago, Newshub reports. Port worker Pala’amo Kalati was killed after being crushed when a container was dropped during a lifting operation. Charges were laid against the port company in the Auckland District Court on Thursday under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Parties will wait for course dates as they have not yet been determined.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions