Despite an offer from the local community to host a funeral for a baby girl who was found at an Auckland recycling facility, police say they can’t release the body for burial at this stage, RNZ reports. Detective Inspector Scott Beard said the offer was appreciated, but added, “Due to investigative requirements we are not in a position to release the baby’s body for burial at this stage and our top priority remains finding the girl’s mother and family.” Anyone with information is urged to contact the police.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions