Supermarkets around the country have very few or no online delivery or pickup slots available, Stuff reports, as 10,000 people are put into self-isolation at home after coming into contact with the highly-contagious Delta variant of Covid-19. As many as 400 staff members across 13 Auckland and Wellington Countdowns are also isolating, and demand for online shopping has skyrocketed as the fear of being infected drives orders. People who could shop in-store were encouraged to do so, a Countdown spokeswoman said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions