The Government has given out millions of dollars in electric vehicle and hybrid rebates in the month since the scheme was launched, TVNZ reports. Figures show there were 1422 applications for the rebate that were received in the first month. Out of the 1422 applications, almost 1200 have been processed and 1047 rebates have been approved – at a total of almost $5.7 million. The scheme runs until the end of 2021, when a levy for petrol guzzlers begins.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions