A vehicle travelling at “grossly excessive speeds” crashed into a car carrying a mother and two children after an armed carjacking in south Auckland on Thursday, Stuff reports. It began when alleged offenders fled from police, who had tried to pull over their vehicle, Inspector Kerry Watson said. Armed police were then called to the incident in the south Auckland suburb of Ōpaheke. Three men are in custody. The mother and one of the children received minor injuries in the crash.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions