Hundreds of thousands of MMR vaccines worth around $10 million are at risk of being dumped, as health providers struggle to maintain momentum alongside the Covid-19 response, TVNZ reports. Data shows 100,000 MMR doses were due to expire around now, with another 400,000 due to expire early next year. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health estimated 73,000 jabs a month would be needed in order to get through the stock in time, but at this stage it seems unlikely all the stock will be utilised.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions