The Ministry of Education is not keeping track of how many school buildings are meeting a key earthquake goal, RNZ reveals. It has a medium term goal of making as many buildings as possible stronger than a key failure level of 67 percent of new building standard (NBS). This goal is emphasised in the ministry’s 2020 earthquake resilience programme. Despite this goal, the ministry says, “We do not currently collect data on the number of buildings which have moved from being under 67 percent to over 67 percent.” It did not say why it was not keeping track.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions