At least 24 staff at Middlemore Hospital’s emergency department have been stood down from duties because of potential exposure to Covid-19, Stuff reveals. The Northern Region Health Co-ordination Centre (NRHCC) would not confirm that number, but a healthcare worker said the hospital’s ED was already under pressure because of staffing shortages. Association of Salaried Medical Specialists (ASMS) executive director Sarah Dalton said it will only add to the pressure on other healthcare workers to pick up the slack.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions