Ofa He Mooni Folau, 29, was sentenced to six months home detention on Tuesday at Auckland’s High Court by Justice Michael Robinson, Stuff reports. Mixed Martial Arts fighter Vake and his brother were pursued along an Auckland street and punched multiple times in the head on May 16. Vake died at Auckland City Hospital on May 23, a week after he was attacked. Three others are still set to go to trial over their involvement in the incident, including He Mooni who is charged with the manslaughter of Fau Vake.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions