Ofa He Mooni Folau, 29, was sentenced to six months home detention on Tuesday at Auckland’s High Court by Justice Michael Robinson, Stuff reports. Mixed Martial Arts fighter Vake and his brother were pursued along an Auckland street and punched multiple times in the head on May 16. Vake died at Auckland City Hospital on May 23, a week after he was attacked. Three others are still set to go to trial over their involvement in the incident, including He Mooni who is charged with the manslaughter of Fau Vake.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids